Friday, July 30, 2010

Missy's 1st Fieldtrip

7/30/10

Missy had her first field trip to the Hogle Zoo yesterday with her class at daycare. It was so much fun. I and many other parents volunteered to help out with the kids and to drive our cars. The school also drove 2 buses. So as you can tell it was a lot of kids.  I had 4 girls in my group who were really good all day. I think I was one of the lucky ones. We saw a few animals, ate lunch, went on the carousel, saw more animals, saw an outstanding bird show and then it started to rain. It was so hot that we all welcomed it. We walked around in it looking at the rest of the animals. The only bad thing was that the train didn't run in the rain so we had to wait for it to dry up by playing on the play ground before they would run the train again. By the time the rain let up, it was time to go. So all the kiddos got on the buses to leave but as they were leaving us parents who brought our kids heard the train start up again. Yeah! We can finally ride the train. We had such a blast with all the kids, parents and teaches. I....can't wait for Missy's next field trip. Missy fell asleep on the way home and I hit the bed early. We were wiped out.
My little group of girls. We called ourselves the Tigers at first but somehow by the end of the day we were lions.
Missy loved the monkey's.
Missy riding the carousal. She usually has me hold her but today she had to do it all by herself. My baby is getting so big.
Some of the girls waiting for the bird show to begin.
Train ride with Missy's favorite boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment