Sunday, May 30, 2010

No food for the weary

Day one of Missy's clear liquid diet went by surprisingly well. She wanted her normal cheerio breakfast but when I gave her the 3 options of broth, jello or a Popsicle, she was pretty excited to have a Popsicle in the morning. Woo hoo first meal down. At lunch she wanted mac and cheese but I told her that the doctor said she could only have broth, jello or a Popsicle. She then asked “and what else?” I said “that is it.” To my surprise no argument, she said she wanted broth and Popsicle. I tried to give her jello but she didn't like it. I think it's the texture she doesn't like. Later on we were coloring and she said “mommy I want an apple.” I told her she couldn't have one and again gave her the options. She was a little upset with me and said with a whine, “All I want is one apple.” Poor little thing doesn't understand it at all but I gave her another Popsicle and she was fine. She had broth and a Popsicle for dinner no problem. Anyway, I am really proud of how well Missy did. It probably helps that I am eating the same thing a she is, although I think I'm having a harder time then she is. Jesse had to work today. He cooked a whole hog for Lowe's, (the lucky duck). He said it was really good too. So jealous! Oh well, hopefully day two will go just as smooth as day one. My mom is flying in on Sunday so it gives Missy something to look forward to. We will enjoy her company.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I am very impressed! Hope the next couple of days go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was going to be evaluated today, right? Is she really having surgery tomorrow?

    I love reading your blog. Thanks so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little sweetheart. She's especially in our prayers today, as are you and Jesse.

    ReplyDelete