Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just got out of surgery

6/1/2010

Just a quick update. Missy just got back to her room. She was a little lethargic and she stated her a opinion of doctors as not so good. She will not be able to have food or drink for another two to three long days. She also stated her not so good opinion of us "forgetting" her sippy for ice water. She still has her sense of humor and laughed as we  joked about her doll.
The surgery was delayed for 5 hours and took right at 4 1/2 hours to complete (expected time was 4-6 hours). The doctor said the surgery went just as expected and he took some time to flush and check her shunt drain.

3 comments:

  1. All of you have been in my prayers. Including the doctors. Let us know when she goes home. I have her birthday present ready. Well, not wrapped. What all can she do when she gets home. I know that it isn't much.

    Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will be at Primary's for at least a week if not more. I don't know when we will be home or what she can do yet. I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been reading your blog for a couple of days. Just figured out how to become a follower. Takes me a while.....not to computer smart.
    So happy to hear that the surgery went well. I will continue to pray for all of you. Give Missy a big hug from us. We Love you guys. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete