Tuesday, June 22, 2010

One less tube

6/18/2010

So this morning as I was getting Missy out of her wheelchair and into the car to go to the grocery store, her  suprapubic tube got caught on the brake of her wheelchair and I ended up pulling it right out of her stomach. Needless to say, I FREAKED OUT! I put Missy in the car and went straight to her doctor's office at Primary's. On the way there I kept trying to call the doctor but kept getting voicemail. The nurse finally called me back when I was only 10 minutes away and said that it wasn't a big deal and to just unplug her stoma and let it drain into her diaper. I told her that since I was almost there that I would feel better if they just took a look at everything. Missy was actually able to see her doctor. He said that even though I thought it looked bad that she was actually healing quit nicely and that everything looked good. Thank goodness. He hooked up the drainage bag to the catheter in the stoma and said that he would see us in a few days on the 23rd for post op appointment and her cystogram test. What a relief! I couldn't tell you how stressed I was at thinking I hurt or did damage to my own child. The good thing about it was that Missy never felt a thing and didn't even know that anything was wrong. I guess that is one good thing about not being able to feel below your chest. She just knew that her tube fell out and needed to be fix. Although she made sure she called grandma to tell her all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment