Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First real outting

6/19/2010

We have tried to go out and about a couple of times with Missy since being home after her surgery but she just never felt good enough. We tried to go out to eat but once we received our food Missy complained of not feeling well so we packed up our food and left. Not until today have we been successful. I debated whether or not we would go to the Osmond Reunion all week, right up until 9am this morning. Missy seemed to be doing a ton better plus I thought it might do her some good to see some of her relatives and get out of the house. She had been stuck in the house for 2 weeks now. I told her over and over again on the way to the reunion that she couldn't get out of her wheelchair or play on the play ground because she had her tube. Even though she told me she would be OK, I didn't really believe her. To my surprise she didn't ask me once to get out of her wheelchair or to play on the playground. They had so much to do at the reunion to keep her occupied and her mind off other things. It just warmed my heart to see her having so much fun with her cousins. I am so glad we went and were able to see everyone. It was very much needed for the both of us.

2 comments:

  1. It was wonderful to see you at the reunion. We are glad that you both had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it was so good to see her there and so happy!

    ReplyDelete